About Me

My photo
I'm on an adventure to live my dreams. As I go on this journey I may be inspired to write, to cook, to craft, to travel more, whatever it is, I'm enjoying it as I'm lead there.

Friday 18 October 2013

The unending journey

Well as most of you probably are aware, our little girl came home!!! And it's been a miracle ever since. The summer has been crazy with trying to settle her in as well as us trying to adjust to the excitement and the exhaustion of having  two and a half year old in our house. After 6 years of marriage, we understood that our house would feel totally different with a child but nothing like what we have been experiencing.

The past 4 months have flown by and the intensity of what we have been through is unreal. There have been highs and lows. Some of our expectations were met, and then others proved to be a little more difficult then we had anticipated. The initiation into parenthood for us has been a huge exciting ride and I'm sure there will be more to come.

Now after 4 months I sit in front of my laptop not feeling completely exhausted to the point that I can't even imagine thinking. We are in a wonderful routine in our lives and everyone including her appears to have adjusted....it's not that every day doesn't take some prayer, but like I said...apparently (based on what I hear from others) that's what the parent life is like.

I believe Ty and I are going to learn some lessons along the way and I know that every day I feel like we get better at this. So I still want to continue taking you on our journey even if it looks a little bit different then it has been in the past. I suppose that's the ride of life that we are all on.

So...from this point I will attempt to share with you (through likely several blog posts) our little life lessons that I hope may be applicable to you in someway. Today I share with you the biggest lesson that we learned (well I should say that we RE-learned) was that God is bigger then everything and he is constantly in control. The little miracles that we experienced as our little girl journeyed home are unreal. It has been  roller coaster and at times I doubted his strength, but when I saw things come together in ways that no man could control I realized that you know what....there's something so much bigger at work here. There's nothing that can stand in our way when we have people surrounding us in prayer and support. Everything from financial to practical, to paperwork being completed. It would only make sense for me to share with you in person. I know that there were things that I couldn't control, and being a control freak that's a little difficult for me. But here it was, completely surrendered to God, and he took care of us all in ways we could not imagine.

So to all my wonderful readers...whoever you are (Hi Mom!), I'm here to share the evidence of our little miracle that we have been through in the past couple of months, and what better way to do that then show you visually.









6 comments:

  1. Awesome pics, you all look very happy! I'm so excited for you guys and the beginning of your forever family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for His amazing faithfulness and abundant kindness! What a wonderful gift!
    - Nana D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you so much!! Love seeing you as Mommy, love reading about your experience and process and love this beautiful family you two have created!! - Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures Manda and a beautiful story that will go on for a long time....it takes a long time before you get to the end of the book but with God's help we all make it! Luv Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly beautiful Amanda, as I look at the pics one can see the love that you have for this little girl and the love she has for both of you. God has blessed you with a precious gift, enjoy every moment, the years go by way to fast . May God Bless you and Keep you all the days of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to read this. It is really neat that you shared about giving it to God. we discussed that in the group I go to.

    ReplyDelete