About Me

My photo
I'm on an adventure to live my dreams. As I go on this journey I may be inspired to write, to cook, to craft, to travel more, whatever it is, I'm enjoying it as I'm lead there.

Tuesday 16 April 2013

As we wait....

In my last post about waiting, it was difficult. It was on of the low points on the roller coaster. After writing that post we have been doing much thinking, and many people have spoken into our lives in a number of ways. First of all we now know for sure that people are praying for us, and it works. Also we have realized that even with all the waiting that is happening, one..we know that it's worth the wait...and two...we are learning and growing from the experience....again.

This morning I stated to my husband of how surreal it will feel when she is home, in our arms and occupying her bedroom, adding life to our house and meeting our families, and friends, and hopefully making some of her own new friends. It simply feels like a dream of something that may or may not come. But with that..we learn. We learn about how grateful each person should be to be able to hold their baby in their arms right away. We learn about how God blesses our lives, and helps us to grow through the waiting. We learn how strong we are. We learn how much we have come through, and how we don't always have things all perfectly together, but how we will work towards that for her. We learn how everything we do right now and have done in the past even will affect us in the future with her. We learn about how there is no need to worry because things aren't in our control.

Both of us continue to recall how we felt almost two years ago when we were praying for a house to live in, and waiting for the call that we could move into our home. We never forget those cold nights in the cabin, and having to go out and gather water every weekend. That season in our lives taught us many things. And sometimes we even miss those quiet peaceful nights in a cabin, or the feeling of accomplishment every time the wood stove lit up and kept us cozy and warm.

So I know we won't forget our experience on this journey. I know we can embrace the waiting as a learning experience. I know that I will be happy to talk to my daughter some day about the benefit of waiting, and how at the end of every waiting period there is something joyous to be given. Like the anticipation we feel before a big vacation, or how we have felt as a child looking at all the sparkly gifts under the tree, the waiting was always worth while and every year that vacation eventually happened and it felt wonderful. And every year Christmas always came around and we created so many memories. You eventually forget the pain, but you never forget the experience of the wait.  Kind of like child birth... so I hear.....

No comments:

Post a Comment