About Me

My photo
I'm on an adventure to live my dreams. As I go on this journey I may be inspired to write, to cook, to craft, to travel more, whatever it is, I'm enjoying it as I'm lead there.

Friday 9 September 2011

Inpiring stuff....

Recently I have been thinking about picking up the guitar and writing..and really creating some awesome music with my husband, but for some reason have kind of been avoiding looking at a guitar or an instrument, or even singing. I don't know why. Perhaps I'm so used to just singing in church, and I've had so much on my mind that I'm scared. Both Ty and I said when we came here that we were going to do so much more writing, and creating REAL music...I love music. I Love singing. I appreciate my husband cause he has a love for the arts, and he's never taken his focus off of it..so what's wrong with me..where did all my inspiration go.

Back in university I used to write so much, maybe it's cause I was going through so much. I know that my guitar would bring me joy right now, and to write would give me so much satisfaction, so what is stopping me.

Then I saw this morning that Gungor has come out with a new album. Nothing like their last album..and I have only heard bits and pieces and I already know that I'm going to love it. And I thought..why can't we do that..why can't we write something completely unlike anything else we've written. Ty has come up with several knew sounds since we've been here, but I think I've been avoiding the music because of fear that nothing will come out right.

We have begun a new life here in Labrador City, and we are on a huge journey...why can't I take this opportunity to really begin to be inspired..where does the inspiration come from?? It comes from changes in my life, it comes from the hardship, it comes from the beauty of nature around me, and it comes from the people around me. So...what is holding me back. Well this morning, this new album and new sound, may have just given me that bit of inspiration that I need.

So if you are wondering what may inspire you this morning...check them out..they are amazing...

http://gungormusic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment