About Me

My photo
I'm on an adventure to live my dreams. As I go on this journey I may be inspired to write, to cook, to craft, to travel more, whatever it is, I'm enjoying it as I'm lead there.

Thursday 26 January 2012

The timeline....

Wow..this is hilarious and awesome at the same time. I was looking back on my FACEBOOK Timeline (which is a neat way to reminisce), and I came across this note.  I wish I could have read this several months ago, and I would have been reminded that God provides. I wish I would just learn the first time and not have gone through the same doubts over and over.

This letter was written before we moved to PEI and shortly after we got married (2007). We were on our way to move to the big town of Kensington (insert sarcasm here) and were in no way able to purchase a house. We were at a point where we had no idea where we were gonna live in this small town. (sound familiar???)  I guess I was just on the verge of growing up and learning things about God..but here I am still learning, and being reminded.

So why is it that we continue to have to go through things time and time again (sometimes almost the most identical things). Why can't we all get it through our thick skulls that we can trust in God? How do the same reminders keep coming back time and time again?

Maybe I have REALLY learned my lesson this time. Maybe this time I can know that God provides all of our needs..including a house...even if it's with time, and challenges along the way.

How many times do you need to be slapped in the face by God to be reminded? How many times do you go through similar things in order to be taught a good lesson? Am I the only one here...????

Read on.....


My Dilemna

by Amanda Dunham on Thursday, April 5, 2007 at 11:22pm
It's weird. Everything has been put into place..well except for a new place. Tyler got accepted into Journalism at Holland College in PEI, and today I got my job with flying colors. So now we really would need a place to live, and we need to know that it is going to be convienent and affordable. We really want to get a dog and be able to have good living arrangements. This is the problem with moving into a small town, smaller choice.
The point is, the job provides a lot of opportunity. I can teach Kindergarden and grow even more into a teaching profession. I really love what I'm doing and do want to grow. This is an excellent opportunity. I just hate making mistakes.
So what I'm asking, is that if you believe in God, or even if you don't say a little prayer for Tyler and I, that things will come together the way they are supposed to.
We know what we want for a house and for a life, (at least for the next 2 years) but really hope that it will all happen with no regrets.
Thank you for listening, and most definatly thank you for the positive feeling that we will recieve back for all of this.

Amanda


So now...let's fast forward a few months from that letter....as you can see in this photo below...God provided....(of course he did)

Look at this back yard...we were blessed..we went from a one bedroom apartment to this small but more then adequate house with a lovely back yard....

And out of this came another wonderful blessing in our lives.... She was my princess then and she still is...oh Jazz. Sounds ridiculous to some, but Ty and I can't imagine our lives without her. Wasn't she the cutest puppy??



So yeah....God provides all our needs. That house was the starting point for our lives. And I don't think I really knew until today, how much God was trying to teach me back then. Perhaps I was too absorb with new married life, new dog, new community, new job, that I took my eyes off the most important thing, how God provided for us.

So will I forgot again our experience in Labrador? Well it's very easy to forgot, but I try to keep reminding myself. I try to wake up and jump in my shower every morning, and thank God. I try to thank God every time I turn on my dishwasher, or go in and sit on my couch in a nice warm house. But that's it I believe..you do have to remind yourself, you have to look back sometimes to realize where you have been and now where you can go and what you can do with that teaching. Hmmm...perhaps God has finally gotten through my thick skull??

No comments:

Post a Comment